EIFEIL was created in 2011 to represent and allow networking between independent music publishers in France.
It is a key link for professionnalisation, development and perpetuation of our professions, copyright and employments in this industry.
Through its actions, it allows to :
- Federate all the music publishers and independent labels in a transversal way
- Promote their activities among their institutions, copyrights’ collecting and distributing societies, and broadcasters.
- Align and bring global and/or targeted supports and promotion and development tools for its subscribers’ activity.
Each year, it organizes :
- EditA, music publishing exhibition, yearly meeting for debates, workshops and exhibitors.
- CréaMusic Festival in France and Europe
- Music Creation Award for high school students, dedicated to Modern Music
- Several training program’s sessions about copyright and musical publishing, in partnership with the CIFAP.
It also organizes many exhibitions, workshops and debates during important meetings as the « Bis de Nantes », « MaMA Festival », and « Entreprendre dans la culture »…
Nowadays, over 83% of independent music publishers also have a label activity, or at least an occasional one. Moreover, more and more independent labels become music publishers.
Current cultural tools and projects :
- EditA, music publishing exhibition : major yearly meeting. The two first years at the Carreau du Temple, in 2015 and 2016, were really successful : 12 debates, workshops and Master Class, 29 speakers, 10 live showcases, 15 exhibitors, inauguration of the Music Creation Awards for high school students, professional meetings, free access (more than 1 500 visitors for its first year). Since 2017, EditA is moving in Toulouse, Marseille (2018) and Lyon (2019) and others French cities. This program is sustained by the SACEM.
- Songwriting workshops : 3 years per year, EIFEIL organize songwriting workshops, in Prailles (France). In a calm and peaceful setting in which creation can easily flourish, publishers can invite their authors and composers to share a week dedicated to songwriting, adaptation and music synchronization. This program is sustained by the SACEM.
- CréaMusic Festival : international festival dedicated to music synchronization and music relation with image, it gathers many professionals from the synchronization sector and music to image’s one. Conferences, workshops, networking and awards ceremony are present. This event takes place in Toulouse in December, and in others European cities in 2020.
- Training Program’s sessions, in partnership with the CIFAP, are provided several times per year. These meetings, eagerly expected by songwriters, publishers and labels, are opportunities to professionalize and update knowledge about these professions and develop and set up employment in this sector.
- CréaMusic : innovative digital platform gathering more than 80 publishers and/or labels to this day, all EIFEIL’s members. It is dedicated to a wide panel of music to image professionals. This platform is sustained by Ministry of Culture during 3 years.
- EFEIL’s website establishment : provided with tools dedicated to previously nonexistent authors and creators : contracts linked to copyright, synchronization, rights assignments, co-publishing, co-production, preference pact… Available both in French and English languages. Highlighting of publishing collaborations and album’s releases with the establishment a digital platform.
- CréaMusic Webradio : webradio dedicated to CréaMusic. It highlights our members’ music libraries. It involves 4 units : « Paroles de Femmes », « Paroles d’auteurs », « Tracks of the Week » and « Live Sessions ».
- Highlight of our actions with the establishment of weekly newsletters, dedicated to more than 10 000 contacts in France.